In the event of any questions or issues, patients can call the consulting rooms directly, and outside office hours, the clinic where they were operated.
Resumed sports and their importance are assessed. The patient is encouraged to use an exercise bike (4 to 5 times per week – 10 to 15 mins.), go swimming, aquagym, aquabike (once a week)… This type of sport is preferred as part of the weight is carried.
Many motivated patients who follow these principles lose all of their excess weight after 14 to 16 months and lastingly (59 % of excess weight loss for 546 patients at 10 years – 174 patients have more than 100 % excess weight loss at 12 years)
Late post-operative follow-up:
- Consultations after 3 months / 6 months / 1 year
- Reminder of nutritional advice
- Reminder about vomiting (max. 1 to 3 times a week)
- Inflation or deflation depending on band acceptance and desired speed of weight loss
- Call Dr Jean-Yves Le Goff’s secretary if necessary